Doris Zagdanski is well placed to oversee MyGriefAssist.com.au. She has spent many years keeping company with grieving people; she listens to their stories, hears their pain and understands their feelings.
Whilst Doris began her career as a high school teacher, for the past 30 years she has been involved in the funeral industry. She has worked on the front line as a funeral director, helping families to arrange funerals and she has volunteered her time in bereavement support groups. Since 1994, she has been employed as a senior manager with InvoCare - Australasia’s largest group of funeral homes, cemeteries and crematoria.
Doris is a respected member of the Australian Funeral Directors Association and has held the position of AFDA President for Queensland in 2011-2013.
Doris has focussed her educational expertise on loss and grief awareness programs for both professional audiences and the wider community.
Doris is also well known as an author and her books include:
- Stuck For Words - what to say to someone who is grieving
- What’s Dead Mean?
- Teenagers and Grief
- Now that the Funeral is Over - understanding the effects of grief
- 33 Things to say to someone who is grieving
- When Pets Die
Doris is available as a conference speaker and staff trainer. She communicates a unique, contemporary message about grief and colours her seminars with real life stories and interactive learner activities.
Here’s what audiences say about Doris:
- “Doris, you lived up to you reputation as a great presenter. Thank you for giving me a fantastic life skill.”
- “Having experienced grief, everything you talked about was spot on.”
- “Very informative, lovely sense of humour.”
- “Fantastic presenter, loved the passion and knowledge.”
- “What an amazing speaker Doris is. I was spellbound listening to her.”
You can contact Doris and enquire about her availability as a guest speaker: